Wednesday, August 15, 2007

OK so I need to write more!!!!

Howdy all! It's amazing how it just keeps getting more hot every day here in AZ! I can't wait for winter to come and then I can get some yard work done!

Everyone has been asking for more pictures of the family. So since I'm turning into a fat old guy (not to infer that my Dad is old... hmmmm), and Holly is content with the pictures that I've already put on here I'll post some of our cute kids who are too young to complain.

This series is one of my favorite we've taken. I was at home on a Saturday and was buisy with my usual past time (sleeping on the couch... I think that this may be where the fat comes from). To be more comfortable I took out my wallet and placed it safely on the table next to the couch where I could keep an eye on it... It was an odd thing that it actually had some cash in it and Natalie took a big intrest in those greenbacks.






Next we have Baby Alana's first bath! Holly puts her in a towel to keep her warm in the water. Alana loved her first bath and it was fun for everyone, Natalie was asleep which made it much more peaceful.



Next we have another of Alana ready for her first trip to Church! Everyone was surprised when we showed up with Alana only 9 days old... We're CRAZY people though and we took our 9 day old to church... :)



Now back to Natalie, but first, let me explain that it's hot here in Arizona. There's a GEICO commercial that explains this to me every day when I'm driving to work, which is really annoying. Anyhow I just want to state that just because it's hot doesn't mean that little girls shouldn't dress modestly! However, when that little girl is 16 months old and a self apointed professional finger painter who's medium is whatever she can find to stick her hands into it's just more ecconomical on so many levels to let the kid run arround in the house in a diaper. It saves on 3 loads of laundry a day. It saves on stress as she freaks out because she's hot (she's never really done that but I assume she would if she thought of it). So long story short, We don't care how trashy we look, these are still great pictures and it's still HOT and it's not like we take her out like this or drive with her on our lap...

So Natalie's figured out where we keep the snacks. Which just happens to be in a lower cupboard that she can easily get into. (No I'm not trying to make my one year old fat in order to make myself feel better(we put child locks on those doors after this picture)). So we caught her shutting herself in the goody cupboard!



So we'll do a couple more in quick succession here. Natalie loves to play dress-up in our closet. She also loves swimming! Some how we accidentally ended in a house with a pool so we go swimming every day! Especially when it's so Hot her! (One of my beloved cousins was complaining about how hot it is in Texas... HA I think I have you beat!) I'll sneak another picture of Holly in here too! We took this picture at a Man Toy Expo and Auction that I talked the girls into going to. Mind you Holly was 8 months pregnant and Natalie was trying to finger paint this $200,000 classic Mercedes and every other car there with her sticky slimy tootsie pop fingers (yes I gave her the tootsie pop.) This picture is specifically for my Father in law who I think would really appreciate the efforts that I went to while saving the paint job on this beautiful car.





Most of you have heard about or OUT OF CONTROL projects around our house. One of which is Natalie's new room. Natalie loves animals and we've lovingly given her the nick name of Monkey. So we built her a Jungle Room including a Jungle Hut bunk bed. In these pictures you can see the initial construction process, Natalie helping me do some finish work and a near finished Jungle Hut. Notice the tea-chi torches on either side of the door. I'm especially proud of these! I wired them for power and put in those flickering flame light bulbs!!! It's so cool.






Finally our last picture of the evening is of Natalie sitting in Alana's bed playing with her under close adult supervision.




Please let us know how you are doing!

7 comments:

tearese said...

wow that is a crazy amount of work to go to for Natalies bedroom! It looks cool though! Has Natalie dumped a bag of giant legos on Alana's head yet? Thats what Elora did to Joshua last week. Okay, there were only 6 or seven left in the bag, but it still made him cry.
We haven't put locks on our cabinets here yet, and its driving us nuts! WE need to borrow an electric screwdriver from someone.
And, it maybe hotter in Arizona than Utah, but Utah is extremely hot when we've been used to highs of 78 all summer up until now!
Hopefully we can come to the next reunion, and Elora and Natalie can play together. I think they'd like each other!

North Family Arizona said...

It'll be 111 today!!!! it's soooo HOT! Yeah we're a little over the top on our projects. there's more in that room that you can't see. I'll have to take more pictures.

What's the plan for the next reunion? We havn't paid any money into the "pot" I don't know if we're supposed to or not? I don't think that they've decided on how that will work with the new familes.

KieraAnne said...

I agree with Tearese, that is a LOT of work to go to for Natalies room. It does look cool though. ;) Isabelle climbs into our cupboards as well, although there's no candy or treats in the one she climbs into, only pans, which she first empties out onto the kitchen floor before climbing in. I know it's freakishly hot in Arizona, one of the reasons I would never want to live there...but at least it's not humid! I hate humidity...although the last time I was in Vegas it seemed so dry I thought my eyes were going to shrivel up. As far as the reunion goes, I think Stacey and Robyn are planning it, which most likely means it will be in Utah. But I think she (Stacey) was looking more into cabiny big house in the woods type places rather than the middle of the city like the last utah one. I looked up a few cool looking places and emailed her the links, she seemed happy to have them, so if you wanted to do that I'm sure she wouldn't mind. ;) As far as I know we are all supposed to pay $40/month per family unit (ie Patrick and I are one unit and not considered included in the Segler fund) to Robyn. We haven't been paying either, but I'm hoping to start doubling up this month so that we'll be all caught up by summer. It was only last time with the more expensive cruise that the amount per family varied depending upon the number of people. Okay that's all. Thanks for the updates! We love all the pictures! :)

Stofam said...

You guys are hilarious! I love the pics and your newest one is so cute! Natalie has grown up so much and Phil, you should be proud of that room. Its a room only a genius could think up and execute so well! Please give my love to Holly!

North Family Arizona said...

OK OK, So I know all of us are miserable with Global Warming and our southern State homes. We each have our individual negatives with where we live... Air conditioning or the lack of, humidity and just plain hot. Isn't it wonderful how we're all really in the same spots in life:)

Kitkat said...

Did I see dogs (not one, but two of them) in some of those pictures? Where are you housing those monsters?

Love Tracey

Olivia Heilmann said...

That room is AWESOME!! You always were good at building things. What a lucky little girl!!