Thursday, January 1, 2009

Regarding Boy Names

Most of you will give me a terrible time for blogging about this the day after Ella is born (Beth and Zak)... but I've been thinking about boy names.  Honestly I don't think that I could make a boy anyway but if I ever were to make a boy and introduce him into this very girly family I'd have to set him up for some serious hyper masculine success.  The first step to this hyper masculine success is a hyper masculine boy name!  

Holly was reading in a Horse magazine about a pro rodeo rider who named his two boys Tough and Clint.  Now those are awesome hyper masculine boy names.  Which reminds me of a movie that is highly inappropriate and promotes some seriously negative social stigmas and behaviors but is still really funny Talledega Nights(not recommended for viewing by the writer).  The lead character Ricky Bobby is a Nascar race driver and he names his two boys Walker and Texas Ranger because if he wanted sissy boys he would have named them Dr Quin and Medicine Woman...  On this subject Ricky Bobby ad I are of the same opinion.

So other hyper masculine boy names;

Butch
Bruno
I really like Tough
Man Child North would be cool too.
Spike
Piston
Posi-track
Brembo
Rambo
Trans Am
Wrench
Duke
Spartacus
Teancum
Boone


What do you guys thing?

Phil


6 comments:

bethany said...

I'm really not quite sure what to say about this, except-you posted this BEFORE you posted pictures of your newborn baby?!?

Zak says Dynamite is a good one to add to your list-maybe TNT. He doesn't seem to see a problem with your posting priorities.

nAnnie Laurie said...

Oh this is easy :) name your man-child, WHEN he comes, after REAL men in YOURs/WIFE's family.

North Family Arizona said...

Regarding posting priorities...

I understand that most girls want to be presented in the best possible light... especially in pictures. Therefore we thought that we'd give our little Ella a few hours to get used to the air. We didn't want her to look too wrinkly... I know that as a Man I shouldn't be this sensitive but I have a really good wife who makes up for my manly rudeness.

OH I do like TNT. Dynamite sounds like it should go with Napoleon though...

Olivia Heilmann said...

Those are so funny! Man Child North is GREAT! Like Philipe el Norte, right? Piston, Teancum, and Boone are actually really cool! :)

Happy New Year!

Congratulations on a great job, Holly

tearese said...

NOT Piston. Kids could come up with so many bad things to say about that one. What about Sue?
Spartacus is cool too.

Becky G said...

I know I'm a little late on this one. But, Tearese has a great point. "He did what in his cup?" Mater
Michael