Monday, September 1, 2008

Hard Times

So everyone has been giving me a hard time about my blog and the frequency of my posts.... Needless to say I've never been much of a journal writer and that translates directly to poor blogging performance.

So we've had a lot of family updates lately and though my title "hard times" may be a little misleading our life is still interesting.

So a couple of months ago my company told me that I was to be effected by some corporate downsizing, they're going in another direction and wanted to help me "find a job somewhere else" Lay offs are an adventure in and of themselves and this one turned out to be a good thing. Most people who know me know how much I despise the bank and working for one wasn't a very good fit for my personality. It was still tough to be compelled to make an adjustment on their timeline rather then mine.

I started one month ago with a new much smaller private firm in the same HR job I had at the bank only with national responsibility. It's a great job and a fun company. Most importantly is that they need me whereas I don't thing that a Fortune 20 company really needs anyone. Best of all is that I work out of a home office. I can't believe how much I am able to accomplish in the same workday with out all the office distractions. Being home more has effected my girls in a very positive way too.

So we broke down and bought a mini van... I can only find 3 cool things about the van. 1. the power doors are awesome. 2. the engine is awesome, I love blowing the doors off of sports cars at stop lights in a mini van it's sooooo awesome. 3. I really like the gages, they look like the ones in a Lexus. And that's about it... The space is a plus but no very cool. So with the van I had to sell my car.

I think that summer is finally coming to a close... oh, wait. I just looked at the forecast and it's above 110 all week. Never mind about the summer coming to an end comment that was a "false and shocking statement". But the pool season is still in full swing now the trick is to keep the pool clean! (no rodents allowed)

Alana is on the verge of waling she is growing so fast and gets so excited that the is standing on her own that she falls down. It's an amazing process to watch your kids grow and develop.

Natalie is potty training with is an adventure as she really likes the stickers and treats so she's always asking to go potty.

Finally for those who don't already know we're expecting number 3!!! And it's another GIRL!!! I'm really excited for the lame reason that we don't have to buy a bunch of new stuff. But even though we would love to have a boy someday I guess I have to make up for my parrents 6 boys so I'll take it like a man and be happy. I have told my wife that one of these girls had better be into cars because I'm putting someone into go-cart racing at the age of 8. It's my retirement plan. In fact Natalie has take to reading car magazines upside down. I think that it's a sign... or she just thinks that dad is cool and want's to do the same thing he does.

Well on that bombshell it's time to close another quarterly post. Please leave a comment so that I can subscribe back to your blogs!

Phil

7 comments:

tearese said...

wow, you still have a blog? Great update!

KieraAnne said...

whoa! I thought you guys must have outlawed computers in your house or something. ;) Glad everything is going well with the new job. It was good seeing you guys.

Cheryl said...

Congrats on getting a Van. We love ours. Glad to see the update!

nAnnie Laurie said...

okay - a flash from the past! Hi- Phil! =-) WAY PAST CONGRATS ON YOUR MARRIAGE! Nice to 'meet' you Holly!; Nice blog; nice van; nice job; great family!; too bad about the heat - ugh!; and congrats (remember that I had 3 girls, then a boy, then another girl?) Check out my blog - lots to catch up on.

Olivia Heilmann said...

Phew....that was a lot to read... ;) Glad I can get all 'updated' on the going's on of the North Family. :)

Crawford's Corner's said...

I was so excited to see you guys had a blog. I love getting to know alittle bit more about your family, than just what we get to talk about in the halls at church. The girls are growing so fast, it seems like only yesturday Natalie was born...You are just out numbered in your family. Bill feels the same way, there is 5 girls in our house right now with David gone.

Melissa Brown said...

I am shocked to hear you guys are having another girl! I am glad to see some posts. We would love to get to know you guys better.
I know how you feel about vans. I dont' want one but the more kids we have I see why people get them.
Congrats on your new job.