Wednesday, December 31, 2008

3 hours and all is well...

It's 3:00 AM now and Holly sent me out to the gas station for chap stick.  

The nurses all thought that was a little odd.  I told them that I just do as I'm told.  I didn't mind and I was able to buy a candy bar and get a bottle of water.

It's slow going but Holly is doing great.  

We have another 3-4 hours of this stage and then things should start getting exciting.

Holly doesn't remember it being this uncomfortable..."I guess you forget about this stuff when it's over".   

I just don't like the smell of the hospital.  The Dad chair is the worst in the world!  But we like our hospital and our doctor.

For some strange reason Holly felt like watching Top Gear, the greatest car TV show on the planet.  This could be a good omen for me... I hope that Ella is a gear head like her dad.  Natalie loves horses, it looks like Alana will be a dancer and I really need a race car driver.   Since I've lost hope of ever getting a boy and I don't know if I'm feeling the 4 kid family vibe Ella is my best shot.  

More updates and ramblings to come.

Phil



4 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

No NO!!! never lose hope of your boy! :) Remember George is in the #4 spot :) than another girl :)

bethany said...

I was wondering why you were leaving comments on my blog when you were supposed to be having a baby. I could just see you typing from your chair and yelling "Push Holly!!" :) Oh gosh, that's awful.

Becky G said...

I know how you feel. Graves don't have girls...right? Three later, I'm wondering about my boy as well.
Michael

Becky G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.