Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hospitals are so boring!!

So I think that a Hospital would be a fun place to work but as far as being a fun place for patrons to be THEY AREN'T...

There's nothing on the TV, there's no WiFi access, no pay preview, no waist of existence video games.  It's just not a very fun place to be.  

Don't get me wrong, the people are "lovely" (Holly's word)... but don't you think if you owned a hospital that you could differentiate your services in the marketplace by making it a fun place to be?  

Do a Hotel style movie, video game, TV combo deal minus the adult entertainment.  Hey you could even nickel and dime people and add a revenue stream.  I bet that those who won't pay their hospital bill will rent a movie!!!  

And honestly why not do WiFi access... Live in the Now Man!

So back to the Baby and Mom.

They're still connected and we're still waiting.  Holly just fell asleep which makes me thing that we're still a ways off.    

We just found out that we're at 6 cm...  Hmmmmmm.... I don't think we'll have her by lunch time. I wonder if Holly will let me out of the room for some food... I'll have to think of a good excuse to sneak out because she can't eat anything and I don't want to make her feel bad...  naw I'll just tell her the truth and see where that gets me.

There you have it an update on the girls and a million $ idea if any of you end up being a hospital administrator.  

10 comments:

Crawford's Corner's said...

Phil: We have a portable DVD player and lots of movies if you'd like some entertainment. Just let me know and I can run them down to you, with no problems. We used it when Brittany was having the twins. I know exactly how boring it can be.

North Family Arizona said...

Thanks Crawfords...

I have my MAC and a bunch of movies too. I'm just in a whiney mood...

Phil

bethany said...

Are you whiny because you're in labor? Oh no wait, that's your wife....

:)

bethany said...

I kill myself sometimes with how funny I am....

bethany said...

And since you're bored, I'll keep posting comments....
I was going to call Holly, but then I remembered where she was, so I'll wait till later, but I wanted to tell her that Jakson is going to be giving his pacifier to Baby Ella tomorrow. Don't worry, she doesn't have to use it-because frankly I would think twice about your parenting skills if you let her-but I read on the internet that this is one effective way of weaning an older child off a pacifier. So he'll give it to a baby because he's a big boy and then we'll go to Target and get him a puzzle. Or a Barbie movie.
Glad you're having a baby so I can get rid of the "Fi"-she's useful already!! :)

North Family Arizona said...

"Thanks Beth for keeping Phil on task."

Holly

P.S. you are so funny

bethany said...

That's what I am here for Holly :)

Olivia Heilmann said...

ok...so sorry for you. The new hospital here is truly like a hotel. SO AWESOME!! Thank you Legacy Emanuel. Southwest still kinda bites. But I digress. ;)

PML said...

This sounds a lot like my house!


" There's nothing on the TV, there's no WiFi access, no pay preview, no waist of existence video games. It's just not a very fun place to be. "

North Family Arizona said...

Ok OK Peggy, so there is more to life then entertainment. the real issue at the hospital is such an uncomfortable place to be. Alternatives to make you feel like your not really at the HOSPITAL would make it feel better.

I think that your house rocks and my girls sure like it there!!!

Phil