Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Just saw the Doctor.

We just saw our doctor and it looks like things are really getting going.  We should have a little one by lunch time.  Holly said the funniest thing, "perfect then we won't interrupt nap time for the girls".  This brings up two points, 1) she's already trying to get Ella on the nap schedule.  2) It reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy skit about redneck women popping babies out and getting out of the hospital cus they got stuff to do... not to suggest that Holly's a redneck woman, rather that she's tough as nails.

The anesthesiologist is on his way in for the epidural and it's starting to get exciting.

Holly is absolutely amazing.  She really is tough as nails!  

So far this morning I've done a little work on my website and Holly spent some time editing her big book project.  We both got a little sleep but spent most of the quiet time listening to Ella's heartbeat.  

I took some pictures but I think that I'll have to get Holly's approval before posting them.  Sorry... she's a photoshop junkie.  

More to come...

Phil

8 comments:

bethany said...

Um...and she's in labor-never display pictures of a woman in labor (aka-A LOT of pain) without her permission. Good move Phil-I'm proud that you have learned this little lesson in the past three years that you've been having babies.

I'm excited to meet baby Ella-and the nap comment sounds very Holly. :) Good luck!!

Crawford's Corner's said...

Congrads and can't wait to see baby Ella!

Zak said...

Phil you are doing wonderful, blogging and being a supportive husband at the same time! Keep it up, you are on the home stretch.

Becky G said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures of the beautiful baby (not Holly in labor!)! I'm just glad it's not me...again! Best wishes, Holly. P.s. I listen to the NPR thing about the money crisis - very interesting and I learned a lot- thanks, Becky

North Family Arizona said...

Becky, Thanks for your comments! I'm glad that you liked the audio on the money crisis. It really did open my eyes...

Hope all is well...

Phil

North Family Arizona said...

Zak,

see my post on how boring the hospital is for me and you'll understand why I have so much time to blog....

Olivia Heilmann said...

So, when you say website do you mean the blog?? or do you have some secret coolness that I don't know about. ;) Also...is Holly a writer or an Editor? WOW either way!!! Oh and I second that motion about the 'no labor pic post' I have some and well...I look AWFUL!!

North Family Arizona said...

I'm working on a website other then this one and it's not super cool I have some software that does most of the hard stuff. And really I'm just too cheep to pay someone else to do it.

Holly is an editor and is working on an autobiography for a guy who survived the holocaust. It's a moving book and presents a perspective that most of us were protected from in school. In reality it was worse then most of us were told. Really cool stuff! Holly is far cooler then I am.